At North Hill Physiotherapy, your health and well-being is our top priority.
We respectfully request that our patients:
- Reschedule appointments for a future date if one or more of the following applies to you:
- influenza-like symptoms (e.g., cough, sore throat, fever, shortness of breath, et cetera);
- travelled outside Canada in the previous 14 days;
- close contact with a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19;
- elderly or immunocompromised.
- Use hand sanitizer after entering our facility.
We are monitoring recommendations from the health authorities and we are open to provide the personal care needed for our patients treatment and journey to recovery. We would like to share some details on the standard daily practices which we have always had at our clinics in addition to extra steps we are taking in light of the virus.
Standard practices that our patients have always experienced at North Hill Physiotherapy include:
- Wiping down of all treatment beds and equipment after each use with disinfectant;
- Our clinic is equipped with a hand washing station as well as hand sanitizer;
- Cleaning high-touch areas with disinfectant (e.g., door handles, common area surfaces, railings, chairs, light switches, payment machines, exercise equipment and treatment tools);
- Our staff wash their hands thoroughly between treating each patient.
Additional steps we are taking now include:
- Additional training to our staff on increased sanitization/hand hygiene recommendations;
- Advising our staff to stay home if they are feeling unwell, have travelled by air in the last 14 days, or have had close contact with someone who has travelled by air in the previous 14 days;
- Cleaning the pinpad after every use;
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning all items listed above;
- Monitoring information from our health authorities to adjust our plan based on recommendations.
Here are some tips that we can all follow in our daily lives:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water (for at least 20 seconds). Alcohol based hand sanitizer is a good option if soap and warm water is not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Regularly clean high touch objects and surfaces
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- If you feel sick, stay home and avoid public spaces
At North Hill Physiotherapy, the health of our patients is the cornerstone of why we exist. We look forward to continuing to be a partner in your health and wellness journey and taking steps with our patients to create a healthy and sanitary environment.
The team at North Hill Physiotherapy